Thursday, August 20, 2009

Upcoming Events

There are two upcoming events that I wanted to mention in today's post. The first one I stumbled upon on a fellow writing blogger's website. Thanks Beth and Congrats on your nomination. Check out Book Blogger Appreciation Week, September 14-18, 2009. And the other event is this year's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). The event itself begins November 1st, but now is the time to start some prep work like coming up with a solid story idea and drafting an outline. Some people just like to fly by the seat of their pants and create it all from scratch the first day, but I need ground work laid out. I've participated twice, but have yet to complete the challenge. This year my sights are set on finishing the 175 page, 50,000 word goal. Anyone else up for the challenge?


2 comments:

jessjordan said...

nanawrimo terrifies me. Maybe if I start now, I'll finish with you guys :)

Michelle said...

I have yet to finish the goal, but last year it really helped me to consistantly write a big chunk. It was well worth the push. Even if you don't finish it's a great test of your writing endurance.