Saturday, August 01, 2009

Balancing Social Networking and Writing Time

Building a platform in preparation, or in conjunction, with launching a writing career seems to be a hot topic these days. It's a selling point for any new writer trying to break into the industry, as a "platform" gives an outlet for immediate buzz to the world at large. So the key question then becomes, how do we balance the social networking aspect with actual writing time?

Good question, right? It's a question I've battled with, and one I continue to evaluate on a day-to-day basis. My feeling is that Social Networking should complement the writing, not distract from it, but that's easier said than done.

This article has some helpful tips on this very subject:
HOW TO: Deal With Social Networking Overload
July 30th, 2009 by Alexandra Levit
"As a career and workplace writer, I get asked all the time: I feel like I’m on social network overload"...(read more).

No comments: