Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Writers Sharing Knowledge

As writers, we should share the skills we learn with others. As we gain knowledge through our experiences about writing, publishing, marketing, and all the business aspects of the industry we should willingly share that information to anyone who is interested in the same.

That's part of the reason why I write this blog. If I uncover a piece of information that is helpful to another writer, then I consider this blog to be a success.

On that note, I've been thinking a lot lately about how I can pass on the information not only to the writers that frequent here, but also the writers that are just beginning, the ones that are just discovering the magical world of books in schools around the world. It's something that has been rolling around in my head the last couple of weeks. I'd like to tour some local schools to encourage kids to explore their imaginations through books, reading them & writing them.

Upon researching writing tools for kids, I discovered these on the Library of Congress website Suggested Writing/Illustrating/Storytelling/Creating Pop-ups Topics.

Can anyone offer advice as to what might or might not work in sharing this knowledge with kids?

No comments: