Sunday, July 05, 2009

Back From Camping



Ok, so I'm back from the camping trip and I miss it already. It was wonderful living a week without an agenda, and just enjoying every moment of the day.


]Here's what I'll miss the most about the trip:
  • waking up and making coffee on the propane stove in the cool morning air
  • the sounds of the loons and chipmunks in the morning
  • paddling with my husband and son around the lake, visiting the island I used to camp on as a kid
  • being present for everything, not being distracted by tasks
  • going to bed at 8pm and waking up at 8am
  • the feel of the the thick sleeping bag warming me against the cool air
  • sitting around the campfire and listening to the light rain hit the leaves in the trees above

...and so much more. But now it's back to schedules, work, responsibilties, and a very long list of tasks that need to get done. And yes, back to writing too.

No comments: