Ok, so I'm back from the camping trip and I miss it already. It was wonderful living a week without an agenda, and just enjoying every moment of the day.
]Here's what I'll miss the most about the trip:
- waking up and making coffee on the propane stove in the cool morning air
- the sounds of the loons and chipmunks in the morning
- paddling with my husband and son around the lake, visiting the island I used to camp on as a kid
- being present for everything, not being distracted by tasks
- going to bed at 8pm and waking up at 8am
- the feel of the the thick sleeping bag warming me against the cool air
- sitting around the campfire and listening to the light rain hit the leaves in the trees above
...and so much more. But now it's back to schedules, work, responsibilties, and a very long list of tasks that need to get done. And yes, back to writing too.