Thursday, June 18, 2009

What Am I Reading?

So I've been hopping between genres lately with my bedside reads. I've gone from Terry Goodkind ("Wizards First Rule") to Stephen King ("Cell") and now to Madeleine L'Engle ("A Wrinkle in Time"). After that I'm probably going to go to another Terry Goodkind, and then I'm heading to the bookstore to pick up some of the hot YA books talked about at BEA.

If you're like me, I never run out of good things to read, but rather run out of time to read the long list of books I want to read; and even less time now that I have a consistant writing schedule.

Hopefully there are still lots of people in the world who like to read as much as I do.

What's on your nightstand? Or in your beach bag?

3 comments:

Jane Steen said...

On my desk right now: Anathem/Neal Stephenson, Why Socrates Died/Robin Waterfield, Unfinished Business/James Van Praagh, After You've Gone/Jeffrey Lent, The Risk of Darkness/Susan Hill. Must stop putting books on hold at the library.

cher said...

That's funny I always have a stack of books by the bed. My girlfriend keeps coming in and asking which one are you reading? Depending on how the day went depends on which one I pick up. I thought I was the only one.

The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly (My dad started me on this), Some Writers Deserve to Starve and a book on Tai Chi & Meditation. I keep putting the Tai Chi book away, but then pull it out again. Does a two week old Ne Yorker count?

The pile on my desk is just too large.

Michelle said...

Do you know how many Tai Chi books and videos I have on my bookshelf? At least three I think. I did Tai Chi in college and have wanted to get back into it but can never seem to find the time. Glad I'm not the only one.