Monday, May 04, 2009

Writing Before Dinner Time-Here's A Great Recipe for That

Ok, sometimes the daily chores of life take away precious writing time, or force me to change my schedule to make alternate writing plans. It's just one of those things. So on the days that I know I need to flip my writing time from morning to night, I try to plan an easier meal to make at dinner time. My best writing happens when the sun is still shining. So if I can squeeze in a few minutes before dinner, I'm much more productive than let's say 10pm or later.

So, I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe that I discovered. Actually, the recipe was given to me, and I've already used it quite a few times. My family loves it! And I've adopted it as my favorite meal to make when writing time is pending at night. Who doesn't like lasagna (the easy way). And I make it with part-skim mozzarella and whole wheat lasagna noodles for a more health conscious recipe. I put all the ingredients together, stick it in the oven, and I've gained 1 hour of writing time as it cooks. Voila!


Quick & Simple Classic Lasagna
Ingredients:
15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
16 oz. Shredded Mozzarella
5 oz. Shredded Parmesan
1 Egg, beaten
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 Cup Beef Broth or water
12 uncooked Lasagna Noodles

Directions:
Mix Ricotta Cheese & Egg. Stir in 3 cups Mozzarella and 3/4 of the Parmesan. Reserve remaining cheeses. Brown Beef over medium heat & drain. Season with salt & pepper (or Sazon Completa for more flavor). Stir in Spaghetti Sauce & Beef Broth. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture in the bottom of a 13" X 9" glass baking dish. Top with 3 noodles lengthwise, place a 4th noodle crosswise (breaking to fit). Layer heaping 1 cup of the sauce mixture & 1/2 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles & sauce mixture. Cover with foil. Bake 1 hour. Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses. Bake uncovered 10 minutes.

No comments: