Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's Saturday and I'm Exhausted

It's Saturday morning. I'm sitting at my laptop, in front of the windows, watching my cat taunt the birds. I've got my cup of ice next to me, and I'm ready to tackle some early morning revisions. The problem is I'm exhausted. My brain feels like mush. I'm not sure if I have any energy reserves to pull from to help kick the creative juices flowing. This is my dilemna.

I guess that's one of the downsides to being a part-time writer, the other parts of life sometimes pull so much energy that it leaves little left at the end. My full-time job was draining this week, with more projects than I could complete, all on tight deadlines, and short-staffed. On the home front, we're having some challenges with my 5 yr old son in school. I've had very little sleep and no down-time this week.

So I'm exhausted. And yet, I sit at my computer and I'm determined to get some serious work done this morning, I'm ready to chop paragraphs, rework sentences, tie-up loose ends, and polish my MS.

So here I go. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

T. Anne said...

Good luck polishing your MS! Been there with the fatigue of life..

Michelle said...

T.Anne- I actually got a lot done today on my MS, I didn't think I'd be able to, but I did-thanks for the encouragement.