Monday, April 20, 2009

"Upmarket" - industry lingo

There's so much industry lingo out there. As I research agents and publishers, I've come across some lingo that I've had to research online so that I know exactly what they're looking for in who or what they represent. One such example, one that keeps coming up regularly, is "upmarket".

In my research, I came across this blog at "Guide to Literary Agents" which truly describes what "upmarket" means. I've included the link below:

http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com/blog/What+Is+Upmarket+Fiction++Defining+The+Classification.aspx

2 comments:

Bobbi Linkemer said...

Interesting post; but, alas, it was about fiction. My client and I are researching agents for his book right now, and it's a lot of work but also a great exercise.

Michelle said...

Hi Bobbi - thanks for checking in. And good luck to you and your client with the research.