Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much you plan, circumstances have a way of overthrowing the apple cart. I had planned to write for three solid hours this morning. My son’s school had a scheduled half day, so I had taken the day off. But I had to flip my schedule since my son got sick yesterday, and I was home yesterday.

The writing time went out the window.

I even tried to get him to nap yesterday to salvage some writing time, but no such luck. He wanted mommy, and I don’t blame him. I want to be pampered too when I’m sick. Anyway what can one do but roll with the punches? Sorry for using all the clichéd sayings but they just seem to fit.

So back to the drawing board; now I need to find a way of setting three hours aside somewhere to write.

Wish me luck!

No comments: